Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tools needed

So I figure to build these scopes I will need these power tools:
  • Plunge Router (with some bits and jigs)
  • Miter saw. Specifically I will need to make an angle of 32° (as I live 32° north)
  • Hand drill
  • Jig saw
(Tools I have)

Non power tools that I may need:
  • Goggles (for eye protection)
  • Sandpaper
  • Clamps (a bunch)
  • hammer, screwdrivers etc
  • Tape Measure
All of this will also put me in a good position to build a bunch of bookshelves.

As for router bits, I think a Dado bit and something to let me cut circles, the dado may work there, a small quarter round might be helpful too.

I'm going to see if my jigsaw can cut on an angle with a jig. Cutting at 30° should be good enough. Or I can see if a neighbor has a miter saw that can do 32°

No comments: