Thursday, April 19, 2007

Telescope Components

Ok in addition to the optics, to build a scope we will need the following sections

  • Scope Tube (Sonotube)
  • Spider and Secondary Holder (wood and metal for the spider)
  • Mirror Cell (Plywood, some bolts and something to allow them to be adjusted)
  • ground board (Plywood, with furniture feet)
  • Mount (More Plywood)
  • azimuth bearing (wood or PVC)
  • Focuser (PVC)
Tools needed:
  • Circular saw
  • Router
  • Drill
  • Jigsaw
  • Some jigs for various things
Other things needed
  • epoxy
  • bolts
  • Nuts
  • 1" Dowel For secondary holder
  • metal strapping
  • Cork shims
  • teflon

2 comments:

rarozen said...

Hi Zack, sorry for writing you here, but I saw your comment on Hirhurim and felt I had to respond personally.
What, as an orthodox jew, does the statement "I feel" have to do with a subject that the Torah (i.e. Hashem) has something to say about. How would you respond to an orthodox jew who said I feel like eating a cheeseburger on Tuesdays(halacha) or I feel the genocide of six million jews was really a good thing(hashkafa)? If you said " I consulted my rabbi, and he holds like this" or "I've studied all the sources in great detail and have come to the following conclusions .. " I would begin to understand, but I ask again what does "I feel" have to do with it. Isn't that what we say when the guy behind the counter asked what flavor ice cream we want? I feel like mint chocolate chips!

Zach Kessin said...

Arez, I can't say that I recall exactly what I said over there. (And I don't have the time to go threw 400+ comments to find out).

I will stand by my statements of being thankful for being in Israel, even a less then perfect Israel. I met my wife here, I met many good friends here and so on. It may be that "Feel" was a poor choice of words.

However in general I want to keep politics out of this blog, this is my personal space to escape from various forms of politcs.